UPDATE 1-Haemacure gets Canada court OK to sell assets
* Receives authorization to sell assets to Angiotech Pharma
* Gets second extension to April 19 on proposal to creditors
March 22 (Reuters) - Haemacure Corp HAEFQ.PK said it received permission from the Superior Court of the Province of Quebec to sell its assets to Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc ANP.TO, a secured creditor of Haemacure.
The Canada-based biotherapeutic company said the United States Bankruptcy Court had previously authorized the sale to Angiotech of the assets of Haemacure's U.S. subsidiary.
Haemacure also said it obtained a second extension, until April 19, within which to make a proposal to its creditors.
The extension will also allow Haemacure and Angiotech to complete the documentation required for the closing of the asset-sale transactions in Canada and the United States. The closings are expected to be held prior to the new expiry date of April 19. (Reporting by Isheeta Sanghi in Bangalore; Editing by Mike Miller) ((email@example.com; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead