HBO renews "Ricky Gervais Show"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Ricky Gervais will continue his podcast musings on HBO; the British comedian's animated series "The Ricky Gervais Show" is getting a second season.
The show is based on Gervais' popular podcast recordings with frequent collaborator Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. In each animated episode, the three discuss a range of topics that have included donating to charities, public nudity and choosing the best superpowers.
The ratings haven't been great; "Gervais" averages 180,000 viewers an episode, with a 0.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. But Gervais is a popular performer who fits HBO's brand. The network previously aired his live-action U.K. series "Extras."
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data