HBO renews "Ricky Gervais Show"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Ricky Gervais will continue his podcast musings on HBO; the British comedian's animated series "The Ricky Gervais Show" is getting a second season.
The show is based on Gervais' popular podcast recordings with frequent collaborator Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. In each animated episode, the three discuss a range of topics that have included donating to charities, public nudity and choosing the best superpowers.
The ratings haven't been great; "Gervais" averages 180,000 viewers an episode, with a 0.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. But Gervais is a popular performer who fits HBO's brand. The network previously aired his live-action U.K. series "Extras."
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |