UPDATE 1-Bellatrix to sell C$55 mln debentures
* Debentures due April 30, 2015
* Interest at 4.75 pct per annum
March 25 (Reuters) - Canada's Bellatrix Exploration Ltd (BXE.TO) said it would sell debentures worth C$55 million on a bought deal basis and would use the money to repay existing debenture holders.
The Calgary, Alberta-based oil and gas company said debentures, which are due April 30, 2015, will pay interest of 4.75 percent from the date of issue.
The newly issued debentures will be convertible at the holder's option into common shares of the company at a conversion price of C$5.60 per share, it said.
Bellatrix intends to notify existing debenture holders of the redemption on or following the closing date of the offering.
The company currently has debentures worth about C$84.9 million outstanding, which are due June 30, 2011.
The syndicate of underwriters for the issue is led by National Bank Financial Inc and includes Wellington West Capital Markets Inc, Genuity Capital Markets, and Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd.
Shares of the company closed C$3.91 Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Aftab Ahmed in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel) (firstname.lastname@example.org; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5828; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Nose gear on plane collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Asian stocks tumble, yen stands tall as Ukraine crisis darkens mood