UPDATE 1-Century Mining Q4 production jumps at San Juan mine
* Q4 production up 42 percent at the Peru mine
* Sees higher 2010 production
March 25 (Reuters) - Century Mining Corp (CMM.V) reported a 42 percent jump in fourth-quarter gold production at its San Juan mine in Peru and forecast higher 2010 production.
The junior gold producer said fourth-quarter production was 4,744 ounces at the mine, compared with 3,347 ounces a year ago.
Century Mining expects to produce 18,000 to 20,000 ounces of gold in 2010 from the San Juan mine, at a cash cost of $550 to $570 per ounce. The company produced 17,036 ounces of gold last year.
The company also expects gold production to be about 24,000 ounces in 2011 and 30,000 ounces in 2012.
Shares of the company were at 43 Canadian cents Thursday morning on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Aftab Ahmed in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |