US Fed orders Royal Bancshares dividend halt
WASHINGTON, March 25
WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve said on Thursday it ordered Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania Inc (RBPAA.O), the parent of Royal Bank America and Royal Asian Bank, to halt payment of dividends.
The Fed said the actions were part of a written agreement between Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania Inc and the Federal Reserve of Philadelphia.
The bank will also have 60 days to submit a plan to improve its capital base, taking into account allowances for loan and lease losses, concentration of credit, and projected retained earnings, the Fed said.
Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania is based in Narberth, Pennsylvania. (Reporting by Nancy Waitz, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey