US Fed orders Royal Bancshares dividend halt
WASHINGTON, March 25
WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve said on Thursday it ordered Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania Inc (RBPAA.O), the parent of Royal Bank America and Royal Asian Bank, to halt payment of dividends.
The Fed said the actions were part of a written agreement between Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania Inc and the Federal Reserve of Philadelphia.
The bank will also have 60 days to submit a plan to improve its capital base, taking into account allowances for loan and lease losses, concentration of credit, and projected retained earnings, the Fed said.
Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania is based in Narberth, Pennsylvania. (Reporting by Nancy Waitz, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt