UPDATE 1-CVTech Group posts Q4 loss
* Q4 C$0.00/shr vs C$0.08/shr last year
* Q4 revenue up 55 percent
March 26 (Reuters) - Canadian electrical services provider CVTech Group Inc (CVT.TO) posted a fourth-quarter loss, partly hurt by weakness at its CVT systems and related products segment.
CVTech said quarter's results were also hurt by the absence of business resulting from natural disasters, where margins are generally higher than for regular contracts.
Net loss for the quarter was C$25,000, or breakeven on a per share basis. It posted net income of C$4.6 million, or 8 Canadian cents a share, a year ago.
Revenue rose 55 percent to C$61.3 million, helped by a 66 percent jump at its energy segment. However, sales at its CVT segment, which makes and sells continuously variable power transmission systems, declined 12 percent.
Shares of the company closed at C$1.35 Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Aftab Ahmed in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal) (email@example.com; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5828;Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |