Mexico's Homex agrees to alliance with Indian builder
MEXICO CITY, March 29
MEXICO CITY, March 29 (Reuters) - Mexico's Homex HXM.N (HOMEX.MX) said on Monday it intends to partner with Indian construction company Puravankara (PPRO.BO) on new public housing projects in India.
Homex has agreed to terms with Puravankara for a "future, nonexclusive strategic alliance to begin operations in the public housing segment," the Mexican company said in a stock exchange filing.
The first project being eyed will be in the metropolitan area of the city of Chennai, in southern India, Homex said. (Reporting by Patrick Rucker, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials