UPDATE 1- SORL Auto Parts Q4 profit beats Street view; shares up
* Q4 EPS $0.28 vs est $0.19
* Q4 sales up 63 pct to $41 mln vs est $36.25 mln
* Sees Q1 sales $30 mln vs est $28.07 mln
* Shares up as much as 10 pct
March 29 (Reuters) - Chinese air brake systems maker SORL Auto Parts Inc (SORL.O) posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by strong sales and margins from its domestic original equipment manufacturer market, and forecast first-quarter sales above market estimates.
The company's fourth-quarter net income was $5.0 million, or 28 cents a share, compared with $1.8 million, 10 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Sales rose 63 percent to $41 million.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to earn 19 cents a share on revenue of $36.25 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company said it sees sales of about $30 million in the first quarter of 2010. Analysts expected revenue of $28.07 million.
SORL also said it signed a preliminary agreement with the Shandong Shifeng Group, a Chinese agricultural vehicle maker, to increase its sales of brake systems and related products. The two companies also plan to develop new products.
The company said it also secured a joint development and multi-year supply agreement with Shenzhen Wuzhoulong Motors Co Ltd, an alternative energy bus manufacturer in China, to supply clutch cylinders.
Shares of the company were up 3 percent at $9.98 in morning trade Monday on Nasdaq. They touched a high of $10.65 earlier in the session. (Reporting by Vinay Sarawagi in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data