- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
Unpaid air hostesses strip in protest
MADRID (Reuters) - Flight attendants owed up to nine months' wages by a grounded Spanish airline have posed nude for a calendar to draw attention to their plight, one of the cabin crew turned models said on Wednesday.
The calendar, numerous excerpts of which appeared in the Spanish media, shows the Air Comet attendants, all female, posing provocatively in and outside airline cabins, and in one case on top of a jet turbine.
"We are just demanding our rights to receive what is ours, we each have eight or nine months of unpaid salaries," attendant Adriana Ricardo, who appears in the calendar, told Reuters.
Air Comet, run by the embattled chairman of Spain's main employers' association CEOE, Gerardo Ferran, filed for administration in December after a British court impounded nine of its aircraft at the request of German bank HSH Nordbank.
(Reporting by Jonathan Gleave, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this