UPDATE 1-Alimera Sciences files for $87 mln IPO
* To offer 6 mln shrs at $15-$17/shr
* To use proceeds partly for clinical research
April 6 (Reuters) - Alimera Sciences Inc filed with U.S. regulators on Tuesday to raise up to $87 million in an initial public offering of common stock.
The Alpharetta, Georgia-based biopharmaceutical firm expects to offer 6 million shares at a price range of $14 to $17 a share, the company said in a filing with the U.S Securities and Exchange Commission.
The company intends to use the proceeds for clinical research and development and to repay interest and debt.
The underwriters for the offering are led by Credit Suisse Securities LLC.
The company has applied for listing its common stock on Nasdaq under the symbol "ALIM". (Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel