UPDATE 1-Hansen Medical sees Q1 rev below Street view, shrs down
* Sees Q1 rev between $2.5 mln and $2.7 mln
* Says received payment for one Sensei system
* Shares down as much as 10 pct
April 7 (Reuters) - Hansen Medical Inc (HNSN.O) forecast its first-quarter revenue much below consensus estimates, sending its shares down as much as 10 percent.
The medical robotics company said it shipped seven of its Sensei Robotic Catheter Systems in the quarter and received payment for one.
Payments on the remaining six systems are due during the second quarter, it said. For the first quarter, the company said it expects to record revenue between $2.5 million and $2.7 million.
Analysts on average were expecting revenue of $6.03 million for the same period, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Mountain View, California-based company were down 7 percent at $2.23 from a low of $2.16 Wednesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Vidya L Nathan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official