Serbia names Dejan Soskic central bank governor
BELGRADE, April 12
BELGRADE, April 12 (Reuters) - Serbia's prime minister said on Monday that he would nominate the current head of the central bank's supervisory board, Dejan Soskic, as the new central bank governor.
"Soskic is the official candidate of the ruling coalition for the position of central bank governor," Mirko Cvetkovic said. "He fulfilled all basic criteria about non-party affiliation and professionalism."
(Reporting by Gordana Filipovic; editing by John Stonestreet)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'