UPDATE 1-CAS Medical gets new Japanese patent, shares jump
* Says gets patent for laser-sight technology
* Shares rise as much as 25 percent
April 13 (Reuters) - CAS Medical Systems Inc (CASM.O) said the Japanese Patent Office granted a new patent for the company's laser-sight technology, sending its shares up 25 percent in early trade.
The technology is used in the company's fore-sight Oximeter to help indicate a patient's absolute oxygen saturation value in the brain and other body tissues.
Shares of CAS Medical were up 19 cents at $1.82 in morning trade Tuesday on Nasdaq. They touched a high of $2.04 earlier in the session. (Reporting by Krishnakali Sengupta in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote