UPDATE 1-CAS Medical gets new Japanese patent, shares jump
* Says gets patent for laser-sight technology
* Shares rise as much as 25 percent
April 13 (Reuters) - CAS Medical Systems Inc (CASM.O) said the Japanese Patent Office granted a new patent for the company's laser-sight technology, sending its shares up 25 percent in early trade.
The technology is used in the company's fore-sight Oximeter to help indicate a patient's absolute oxygen saturation value in the brain and other body tissues.
Shares of CAS Medical were up 19 cents at $1.82 in morning trade Tuesday on Nasdaq. They touched a high of $2.04 earlier in the session. (Reporting by Krishnakali Sengupta in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official