UPDATE-Hansen Medical, NPS Pharma price offerings at discount
* Hansen offers 14 mln shares at $2.00 each
* NPS Pharma prices 9 mln common shares at $5.50 apiece
* Hansen shares falls 19 pct, NPS shares down 4 pct
April 16 (Reuters) - Hansen Medical Inc (HNSN.O) and NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc (NPSP.O) priced their share offerings at discount, sending their shares down in morning trade Friday.
Hansen priced its 14 million share offering at $2.00 each, a 21 percent discount to the stock's close on Thursday.
The company also granted the underwriter an over-allotment option of 2.1 million shares.
Separately, NPS priced its public offering of 9 million common shares at $5.50 per share, or at a discount of about 12 percent to its Thursday close.
The company said it expects net proceeds of about $46.2 million from the offering.
Both the share issues are expected to close on April 21.
Shares of Hansen Medical fell as much as 19 percent to $2.06, but pared some of their losses and were down 35 cents at $2.18 in morning trade on Nasdaq. NPS shares were down 4 percent at $6.00. (Reporting by Krishnakali Sengupta in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier) ((firstname.lastname@example.org; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source