Chile fund in $450 mln Peru Edelnor energy deal
SANTIAGO, April 19
SANTIAGO, April 19 (Reuters) - Chilean investment fund Americas Energy Fund I won an eight-year contract to supply energy to electricity distributor Edelnor in Peru in an operation worth $450 million, one of the funds' administrators said on Monday.
The fund, administered by SCL Energia and financial group LarrainVial, won the 180-megawatt contract via its local unit Termochilca with Edelnor (EDE.LM), an affiliate of energy group Enersis ENE.SN.
Termochilca, a thermal plant project that requires $250 million in total investment, is expected to start supplying energy to Edelnor in 2014.
"The project (Termochilca) already has environmental approval and recently signed a gas supply contract with the Camisea consortium," LarrainVial said in a release.
Camisea is a massive gas field in the Andean country. (Reporting by Antonio de la Jara; Writing by Alonso Soto; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat