UPDATE 1-Karoon Gas detects background gas at Kronos-1
(Adds details from statement)
SYDNEY, April 19 (Reuters) - Australia's Karoon Gas Ltd (KAR.AX) has detected an increase in background gas at its Kronos-1 well off northwest Australia and has plugged it, ahead of further exploration work, the company said on Monday.
Karoon-1 was drilled in a field owned 40 percent by Karoon Gas and 60 percent by ConocoPhillips (COP.N). It lies close to a major gas field held by Woodside Petroleum (WPL.AX).
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |