UPDATE 1-Karoon Gas detects background gas at Kronos-1
(Adds details from statement)
SYDNEY, April 19 (Reuters) - Australia's Karoon Gas Ltd (KAR.AX) has detected an increase in background gas at its Kronos-1 well off northwest Australia and has plugged it, ahead of further exploration work, the company said on Monday.
Karoon-1 was drilled in a field owned 40 percent by Karoon Gas and 60 percent by ConocoPhillips (COP.N). It lies close to a major gas field held by Woodside Petroleum (WPL.AX).
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data