UPDATE 1-Karoon Gas detects background gas at Kronos-1
(Adds details from statement)
SYDNEY, April 19 (Reuters) - Australia's Karoon Gas Ltd (KAR.AX) has detected an increase in background gas at its Kronos-1 well off northwest Australia and has plugged it, ahead of further exploration work, the company said on Monday.
Karoon-1 was drilled in a field owned 40 percent by Karoon Gas and 60 percent by ConocoPhillips (COP.N). It lies close to a major gas field held by Woodside Petroleum (WPL.AX).
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House