"Red Riding Hood" film casts male lead
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Shiloh Fernandez has nabbed the male romantic lead in "Girl With the Red Riding Hood," a gothic horror re-imagining of the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale.
"Twilight" veteran Catherine Hardwicke is directing the Warner Bros. picture, in which Amanda Seyfried will play a woman in a medieval village being terrorized by a werewolf.
The movie is one of several projects casting for young actors as Hollywood rides a wave of youth-centered movies. But as much as Hollywood might want its young actors, studios are being very choosy. Fernandez is said to have screen-tested and read seven times before nabbing the role of Peter, an orphaned woodcutter for whom Seyfried falls, much to the displeasure of her family.
Fernandez has been on the cusp of a big break for awhile; he tested for the role of Edward for "Twilight" and for the lead in "Speed Racer." Among his credits are runs on the television shows "Jericho," "United States of Tara" and "Three Rivers."
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |