Goldman exec Cohn to attend Obama speech-source
NEW YORK, April 22
NEW YORK, April 22 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N) President and Chief Operating Officer Gary Cohn is expected to attend President Barack Obama's Wall Street regulation address on Thursday, a source familiar with the matter said.
Obama is expected to urge Congress to press ahead with an overhaul of Wall Street regulations, and warn about the risks of another financial crisis should safeguards not be in place, during the speech scheduled for Thursday.
Goldman on Friday was accused of fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the structuring and marketing of a debt product tied to subprime mortgages.
The source spoke anonymously because Cohn's attendance has not been publicly disclosed. (Reporting by Steve Eder, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- EU proposes tough sanctions on Moscow as Ukraine rebels advance |