Goldman exec Cohn to attend Obama speech-source
NEW YORK, April 22
NEW YORK, April 22 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N) President and Chief Operating Officer Gary Cohn is expected to attend President Barack Obama's Wall Street regulation address on Thursday, a source familiar with the matter said.
Obama is expected to urge Congress to press ahead with an overhaul of Wall Street regulations, and warn about the risks of another financial crisis should safeguards not be in place, during the speech scheduled for Thursday.
Goldman on Friday was accused of fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the structuring and marketing of a debt product tied to subprime mortgages.
The source spoke anonymously because Cohn's attendance has not been publicly disclosed. (Reporting by Steve Eder, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming