BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese carmakers, unscathed by a savage global industry downturn, are revving up their efforts to put cleaner, low-emission vehicles on the roads, counting on the green drive to help them catch up with overseas rivals.
From top Chinese auto group SAIC Motor Corp to rising star Geely Automotive Holding, indigenous players will show a plethora of green shoots at the Beijing autoshow this week.
Here is a list of hybrid, electric and fuel cell models showcased by Chinese automakers.
SAIC Motor Corp
- Roewe 550 plug-in hybrid, Roewe 750 hybrid, E1 electric
- EV elctric concept car, Besturn 70, Besturn 50 hybrid cars
Changan Automobile Group
- Benben electric car, S469 hybrid minivan, Zhixiang,
Yuexiang hybrid car
- S18 electric car, electric version of QQ compact car,
hybrid version of Riich G5 sedan, M11 hybrid car
- E6 electric car, F3DM and F6DM plug-in hybrids
- A0 electric concept car, Junjie hybrid wagon, Jinbei
Geely Automobile Holdings
- EK-1, EK-2 electric cars, EC7 plug-in hybrid
- Lifan 320, Lifan 620 electric cars