Charles River to buy China's WuXi AppTec - WSJ
PHILADELPHIA, April 25
PHILADELPHIA, April 25 (Reuters) - Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL.N) plans to buy China's WuXi AppTec Co for $1.6 billion, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Charles River is offering a combination of cash and stock for Shanghai-based WuXi, and hopes to close the deal by the fourth quarter, the newspaper reported in its online edition.
Charles River has focused on developing drugs before they go to clinical trials. WuXi has been active in drug chemistry, such as making molecules to synthesize a drug, according to the Journal.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |