Charles River to buy China's WuXi AppTec - WSJ
PHILADELPHIA, April 25
PHILADELPHIA, April 25 (Reuters) - Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL.N) plans to buy China's WuXi AppTec Co for $1.6 billion, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Charles River is offering a combination of cash and stock for Shanghai-based WuXi, and hopes to close the deal by the fourth quarter, the newspaper reported in its online edition.
Charles River has focused on developing drugs before they go to clinical trials. WuXi has been active in drug chemistry, such as making molecules to synthesize a drug, according to the Journal.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |