Manila's SM Prime plans up to $500 mln REIT offer
MANILA, April 27
MANILA, April 27 (Reuters) - SM Prime Holdings Corp (SMPH.PS), the Philippines' biggest mall developer, plans to raise as much as $500 million from an offer of real estate investment trust (REIT) sometime in the second half.
The company's board has authorised the management to pursue the offer, Jeffrey Lim, SM Prime chief finance officer told reporters on Tuesday.
"We are in the process of selecting an international valuation company and from that we will select the mix of assets that we will put into the REIT," he said. ($1 = 44.4 pesos) (Reporting by Rosemarie Francisco; Editing by Anshuman Daga)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit