UPDATE 1-Tessera Q1 beats Street, sees strong Q2 rev
* Q1 EPS $0.20 vs $0.13 est
* Q1 rev $64.3 mln vs $61.5 mln est
* Sees Q2 rev $67 mln-$70 mln vs $64.9 mln est
* Shares up 6 pct in extended trade
April 28 (Reuters) - Tessera Technologies Inc's (TSRA.O) quarterly profit beat estimates, and the chip technology developer forecast strong second-quarter sales as it expects higher micro-electronics revenue.
The company forecast second-quarter revenue of $67 million to $70 million.
Analysts were looking for second-quarter revenue of $64.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income for the first quarter was $9.8 million, or 20 cents a share, compared with $39.5 million, or 82 cents a share, a year ago.
Analysts were expecting 13 cents a share.
Revenue fell 44 percent to $64.3 million, but beat analysts' estimates of $61.5 million.
Quarterly provision for income taxes fell 73 percent to $8.1 million.
Shares of San Jose, California-based Tessera rose 6 percent to $23.10 in trading after the bell. They closed at $21.73 Wednesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Manasi Phadke in Bangalore; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane