UPDATE 1-Dresser-Rand Q1 beats estimates, keeps view
* Q1 EPS $0.44 vs est EPS $0.32
* Q1 rev down marginally, but beats est
* Keeps FY operating income view
April 29 (Reuters) - Oil services company Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC.N) reported a quarterly profit that beat analysts' estimates, helped by a 59 percent rise in overall bookings. Dresser-Rand also kept its full-year operating income outlook of $260 million to $300 million.
For the latest fourth quarter, net income was $22.3 million, or 27 cents a share, compared with $34.5 million, or 42 cents a share a year ago.
Excluding items, quarterly earnings were 44 cents a share.
Analysts on average had expected the company to earn 32 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Total revenue for the quarter fell slightly to $502.1 million but handily beat analysts' expectation of $439.9 million.
The company's overall bookings for the first quarter were $565 million.
Shares of the company closed at $34.92 Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Thyagaraju Adinarayan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials