UPDATE 1-Micros Systems Q3 beats Street as services rev rises
* Q3 adj EPS $0.39 vs est $0.35
* Q3 rev up 12 pct
* Services revenue rises 13 pct
April 29 (Reuters) - Micros Systems Inc (MCRS.O), which provides information systems to the hospitality industry, posted better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by a 13 percent rise in services revenue.
For the third quarter ended March 31, the company's net income rose 30 percent to about $30 million, or 37 cents per share.
Excluding items, it earned 39 cents a share, beating analysts' average expectations of 35 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. [ID:nASA00AI9]
Revenue rose 12 percent to $229.1 million. Analysts on average expected revenue of $227.6 million.
Shares of Columbia, Maryland-based Micros closed at $34.47 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |