UPDATE 1-Title insurer Stewart posts narrower Q1 loss
* Q1 loss/shr $1.59 vs loss/shr $2.07 yr ago
* Q1 aided by higher agency income
April 29 (Reuters) - U.S. title insurer Stewart Information Services Corp (STC.N) posted a narrower quarterly loss, as revenue from its agency operations rose 21 percent.
The Houston-based company lost $29.0 million, or $1.59 a share, for the first quarter, compared with a loss of $37.6 million, or $2.07 a share, a year ago.
The company said it had revenue of $202.6 million from agency operations, compared with $166.8 million in the year-ago quarter.
Bigger rival Fidelity National Financial Inc (FNF.N) posted a higher profit for the quarter last week, while First American Corp (FAF.N) is scheduled to announce results later on Thursday.
Stewart Information shares closed at $14.39 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Anurag Kotoky in Bangalore; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead