UPDATE 1-BioScrip posts quarterly loss
* Q1 loss/shr $0.08 vs year-ago EPS $0.08
* Q1 rev up 3 pct to $335.1 mln
* Reaffirms 2010 outlook
April 30 (Reuters) - Specialty pharmaceutical healthcare company BioScrip Inc (BIOS.O) posted a quarterly loss, hurt by charges related to its acquisition of Critical Homecare Solutions and higher operating expenses.
For the first quarter, the company posted a net loss of $7.2 million, or 18 cents a share, compared with net income of $3.3 million, or 8 cents a share in the year-ago period.
Analysts were expecting a profit of 7 cents a share for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose about 3 percent to $335.1 million, but fell short of analysts' expectations of $350.1 million.
Operating expenses jumped 43 percent to $45.2 million.
For the alerts, please click on [ID:nASA00AMV]
Shares of BioScrip closed at $9.20 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years