UPDATE 1-Annaly Capital Q1 core profit rises; cuts dividend
* Core EPS $0.62 vs $0.56 last yr
* Net interest income up 12 pct at $377.9 mln
* Cuts dividend by 13 percent
May 3 (Reuters) - Annaly Capital Management Inc's (NLY.N) quarterly core earnings rose, helped by a 12 percent jump in net interest income, but cut its dividend.
The company said it will pay 65 cents a share dividend for the quarter ended March 31, down from 75 cents a share in the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2009.
The mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT) reported a first-quarter net income of $281.1 million, or 50 cents a share, compared with $349.9 million, or 64 cents a share last year.
However, core earnings increased to $350.8 million, or 62 cents per share, from $309.3 million, or 56 cents a share, a year ago.
Net interest income rose to $377.9 million for the quarter, from $337.4 million a year earlier.
Shares of the company were down 1 percent at $16.86 after the bell. They closed at $17.11 Monday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Archana Shankar in Bangalore)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions