UPDATE 1-Vascular Solutions buys products, raises '10 view
* Buys two ultrasound products for $5.75 mln
* Sees deal adding to earnings immediately
* Raises 2010 profit and revenue outlook
* Raises Q2 revenue view
May 3 (Reuters) - Medical device maker Vascular Solutions Inc (VASC.O) said it bought two products from a unit of Escalon Medical Corp (ESMC.O) for $5.75 million in cash, and raised its outlook for 2010 to reflect the impact from the deal.
The deal, which is expected to add to earnings immediately, will see Vascular paying $5.0 million at closing and $750,000 upon successful completion of the transfer of the manufacturing processes.
The two products, SmartNeedle and pdACCESS, consist of a hand-held monitor and one-time use needles that provide auditory ultrasound guided access to arteries and veins during catheterization procedures.
For 2010, the company raised its net income outlook by about 2 cents to 55 cents to 59 cents a share, including a 13 cents litigation gain recognized in the first quarter.
Net revenue forecast for the year was raised by about $2 million to $78 million to $80 million.
Second-quarter revenue net income is seen at 9 cents to 10 cents a share, on revenue of $19.2 million to $19.5 million, about $500,000 higher than the prior outlook.
Shares of the company closed at $9.90 Friday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Esha Dey in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |