UPDATE 1-Comfort Systems Q1 lags estimates
* Q1 EPS from cont ops $0.03 vs est $0.13
* Rev down 16 pct
May 4 (Reuters) - Comfort Systems USA Inc (FIX.N), a provider of heating, ventilation and air conditioning services, posted lower-than-expected quarterly results, hurt by the ongoing weakness in its non-residential building markets.
For the first quarter, net income was $1.9 million, or 5 cents a share, compared with $6.9 million, or 18 cents a share, a year ago.
The company earned 3 cents a share from continuing operations.
Revenue fell 16 percent to $236.5 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 13 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $237.3 million according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company closed at $14.20 Tuedsay on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data