UPDATE 1-Federal Realty Investment Trust Q1 FFO beats ests
* Q1 FFO $0.94 vs est $0.93
* Revenue up 6 pct
May 4 (Reuters) - Real estate investment trust Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRT.N) reported quarterly funds from operations that beat Wall Street estimates by a penny, helped by higher rental revenue.
For the first quarter, the company reported FFO of $57.8 million, or 94 cents a share, compared with FFO of $37.8 million, or 64 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts on average, has expected FFO of 93 cents a share, before special items, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Rental revenue rose 3 percent to $131.5 million, while total revenue increased 6 percent. FFO is a key performance measure for the REITs, because it excludes the profit-reducing effect of depreciation.
Shares of the company closed at $77.96 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
(Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy) ((firstname.lastname@example.org; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets