- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms as Fed suspense builds, shares off highs |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
Sam Rockwell saddles up for "Cowboys and Aliens"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sam Rockwell is reteaming with Jon Favreau for another comic-book adaptation, DreamWorks' "Cowboys and Aliens."
Rockwell, who portrays arms manufacturer Justin Hammer in the Favreau-directed "Iron Man 2," has joined the cast of "Cowboys," the alien invasion-meets-the Wild West project that Favreau begins shooting in June.
Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde and Harrison Ford are already cast in the tale, based on a Platinum Studios graphic novel, of cowboys and Indians rising up against aliens.
Rockwell will play a bar owner named Doc who joins in the pursuit of the aliens. Once Favreau and the writers -- Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof -- learned that Rockwell was interested in the movie, they reconceived and expanded the role, which initially called for a heavy-set man.
"Cowboys" keeps Rockwell, who is known more for indie fare such as "Moon," working in the big-studio world, at least for another movie.
Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are producing along with Scott Mitchell Rosenberg.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this