UPDATE 1-Constellation Software Q1 results top estimates
* Q1 adj EPS $0.88 vs est $0.77/shr
* Q1 rev $143.9 mln vs est $126.5 mln
May 5 (Reuters) - Canada's Constellation Software Inc (CSU.TO) posted first-quarter results above estimates, helped by contributions from recent acquisitions.
For the quarter, the software services provider earned $6.3 million, or 30 cents a share, compared with $3.8 million or 18 cents a share, a year ago.
Revenue for the quarter rose 48 percent to $143.9 million.
Excluding items, the company earned 88 cents a share.
Analysts on average expected earnings of 77 cents a share, on revenue of $126.5 million.
The company, which has completed seven acquisitions since the beginning of 2009 in its public sector segment, said these contributed about $42 million to the first quarter revenue.
Shares of the company closed at C$44.50 Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Arnika Thakur in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data