UPDATE 1-NxStage posts narrower-than-expected quarterly loss
* Q1 loss/shr $0.19 vs est loss/shr $0.20
* Net revenue up 20 pct
May 5 (Reuters) - Dialysis products maker NxStage Medical Inc (NXTM.O) posted a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss, helped by strong performance across its home and critical care segments.
For the first quarter, the company posted a net loss of $9.0 million, or 19 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $12.2 million, or 26 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Analysts were expecting a loss of 20 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Total revenue rose 20 percent to $40.4 million, beating analysts' estimates of $38.81 million. Its home market grew 33 percent while its critical care segment grew 36 percent.
For the alerts, please click on [ID:nASA00BF1]
Shares of NxStage closed at $12.89 Tuesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data