"Shield" actress joins "Walking Dead"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Laurie Holden has been tapped for a role in AMC's apocalyptic zombie drama "The Walking Dead."
In the show, written, produced and directed by Frank Darabont, Holden will play Andrea, a key member of the survivor group who has a proficiency with a sniper rifle and falls for a man twice her age.
Holden was in Darabont's "The Mist" and had a recurring role in the final season of FX's "The Shield."
In addition, Adam Fierro has joined the production as a consulting producer. Fierro has worked on such serialized dramas as "Dexter," "Shield" and "24."
Also joining the cast -- which includes Andrew Lincoln, Jeffrey DeMunn and Jon Bernthal -- is newcomer Steven Yeun.
"Walking Dead" begins production in August.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions