UPDATE 1-Littelfuse posts Q1 profit, sees strong Q2
* Q1 EPS $0.69 vs loss/shr of $0.36 a year ago
* Q1 revenue up 71 pct
* Q2 EPS $0.69-$0.77 vs est $0.69/shr
* Q2 rev $148 mln-$153 mln vs est $144.1 mln
May 6 (Reuters) - Circuit protection products maker Littelfuse Inc (LFUS.O) posted a quarterly profit, helped by strong sales across all its segments, and forecast a strong second quarter as it expects continued growth in electronics sales.
For the second quarter, the company expects earnings of 69 cents to 77 cents a share, on revenue of $148 million to $153 million.
Analysts were expecting earnings of 69 cents, on revenue of $144.1 million.
For the first quarter, the company reported net earnings of $15.5 million, or 69 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $7.8 million, or 36 cents a share in the year-ago period.
Net sales rose 71 percent to $144.4 million. Electronics segment revenue rose 73 percent to $88.7 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 70 cents a share, on revenue of $144.0 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company closed at $40.67 Wednesday on the Nasdaq. (Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |