Trading error blamed for market plunge: CNBC
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A trading error at a major firm was to blame for the day's market plunge, CNBC reported on Thursday.
Separately, Nasdaq said it was working with other major markets to review the market activity that occurred between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The exchange said in an e-mail it would advise when more information was known.
(Reporting by Wall Street team)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says three top Gaza commanders killed in Israeli air strike |