Senator Bob Bennett fails Utah re-election bid
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senator Bob Bennett, a conservative Republican, failed in his bid for re-election in a state convention as a groundswell of discontent with politics in Washington claimed its latest victim.
Businessman Tim Bridgewater and upstart attorney and Tea Party-backed Mike Lee, claimed first and second place, respectively, in the second round of voting in the party poll, CNN said.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |