UPDATE 1-Endeavour Silver posts Q1 profit as production rises
* Q1 EPS $0.03 vs loss/shr $0.03 yr ago
* Q1 revenue up 115 pct at $18.2 mln
* Q1 gold production up 62 pct; silver up 34 pct
May 10 (Reuters) - Endeavour Silver Corp (EDR.TO) posted a quarterly profit, buoyed by higher production and prices, but said it expects net earnings to decline in the second-quarter as exploration spending increases.
For the second quarter, the company expects higher gold production and prices.
For the first quarter, net income was $1.7 million, or 3 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $1.7 million, or 3 cents per share, a year ago.
Gold production soared 62 percent to 3,775 ounces, while silver production for the quarter rose 34 percent to 766,210 ounces.
Revenue more than doubled to $18.2 million.
Two analysts were expecting the company to earn 3 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
It said cash costs are expected to decrease in the second half of the fiscal year as new ores bodies under development in the first half enter production.
Shares of the Vancouver, British Columbia-based company were up more than 1 percent at C$3.82 Monday morning on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |