UPDATE 1-AgFeed Q1 profit dips; shares down
* Q1 EPS $0.02 vs $0.08
* Rev up 58 pct to $52.9 mln
* Shares down 5 pct
May 11 (Reuters) - Animal feed and pork company AgFeed Industries Inc (FEED.O) posted a 65 percent drop in quarterly earnings, weighed down by lower hog price.
During the first quarter, average hog price was 11 percent less than a year ago.
"I expect hog prices will begin to appreciate over the next 90 days and will lead to hog prices being 12 percent to 15 percent higher in the second half of the year," Chairman Songyan Li said in a statement.
For the first quarter, the company posted a net income of $1.1 million, or 2 cents a share, compared with $2.9 million, or 8 cents a share a year ago.
Revenue increased 58 percent to $52.9 million.
Shares of the company were down 5 percent at $3.74 Tuesday morning on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Vinay Sarawagi in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA