UPDATE 1-CI Financial Q1 profit up on higher assets under mgmt
* Q1 adj EPS C$0.27 vs est C$0.27
* Revenue nearly quadruples to C$690.0 mln
* Avg retail assets under management up 29 pct
* Increases monthly dividend by 8.3 pct
May 11 (Reuters) - Fund manager CI Financial Corp (CIX.TO) posted a 23 percent surge in quarterly earnings that were in line with expectations, buoyed by higher assets under management, and raised its monthly dividend.
For the first quarter, net income was C$74.9 million ($73.22 million), or 26 Canadian cents per share, compared with C$61.1 million, or 21 Canadian cents per share, a year ago.
Adjusted earnings per share was 27 Canadian cents apiece.
Net sales for the quarter nearly quadrupled to C$690.0 million.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to earn 27 Canadian cents per share on revenue of C$340.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Average retail assets under management for the quarter rose 29 percent to C$62.85 billion.
The Toronto-based company raised its monthly dividend by half a Canadian cent to 6.5 Canadian cents per share.
Shares of the company were virtually flat at C$19.76 Tuesday afternoon on the Toronto Stock Exchange. ($1=1.023 Canadian Dollar) (Reporting by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'