UPDATE 1- Electro Scientific Industries sees strong Q1
* Q4 EPS $0.16 vs est $0.05
* Q4 rev more than triples
* Sees Q1 rev in lower to mid-$50 mln range
* Sees adj Q1 EPS $0.01-$0.06
* Shares up 3 pct
May 11 (Reuters) - Electro Scientific Industries Inc (ESIO.O) posted better-than-expected quarterly results mainly helped by strong demand at its interconnect micro-machining group and forecast first-quarter revenue above estimates.
The company sees first-quarter revenue in the lower to mid-$50 million range, compared with analysts' average estimates of $48 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the fourth quarter ended April 3, net income was $2.1 million, or 7 cents a share, compared with a loss of $2.4 million, or 9 cents a share a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned 16 cents a share.
Revenue more than tripled to $59.6 million, while interconnect micro-machining revenue grew more than five times.
Two analysts on average had expected earnings of 5 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $53 million.
Shares of the company rose 3 percent to $14.25 in trading after the bell. They closed at $13.81 Tuesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work