UPDATE 1- Electro Scientific Industries sees strong Q1
* Q4 EPS $0.16 vs est $0.05
* Q4 rev more than triples
* Sees Q1 rev in lower to mid-$50 mln range
* Sees adj Q1 EPS $0.01-$0.06
* Shares up 3 pct
May 11 (Reuters) - Electro Scientific Industries Inc (ESIO.O) posted better-than-expected quarterly results mainly helped by strong demand at its interconnect micro-machining group and forecast first-quarter revenue above estimates.
The company sees first-quarter revenue in the lower to mid-$50 million range, compared with analysts' average estimates of $48 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the fourth quarter ended April 3, net income was $2.1 million, or 7 cents a share, compared with a loss of $2.4 million, or 9 cents a share a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned 16 cents a share.
Revenue more than tripled to $59.6 million, while interconnect micro-machining revenue grew more than five times.
Two analysts on average had expected earnings of 5 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $53 million.
Shares of the company rose 3 percent to $14.25 in trading after the bell. They closed at $13.81 Tuesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report