China Mobile interested in bringing Apple iPad to China
HONG KONG May 12 (Reuters) - China Mobile (0941.HK), China's dominant mobile carrier, is interested in selling Apple's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet computer in China, the company's chairman said.
The company was also talking to Apple about developing a next-generation iPhone that runs on TD-SCDMA, the home-grown third-generation (3G) mobile standard being used by China Mobile, Chairman Wang Jianzhou said at the company's annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
China Mobile announced on Tuesday that it had set up a unit in Taiwan, paving the way for its long-stalled purchase of a 12 percent stake in Taiwanese mobile carrier Far EasTone (4904.TW). [ID:nTOE64A09H]
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port