UPDTATE 1-Imperial Metals Q1 loss narrows
* Q1 loss/shr C$0.07 vs C$0.23 last year
* Q1 rev doubles
May 12 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Imperial Metals Corp (III.TO) posted a narrower first-quarter loss, helped by an improved performance in derivative instruments.
Net loss was C$2.5 million, or 7 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$7.3 million, or 23 Canadian cents a share, a year ago.
The company reported adjusted net income of 20 Canadian cents a share.
Revenue nearly doubled to C$69.4 million.
The company said losses on derivative instruments were C$1.1 million in the quarter compared to losses of C$12.2 million last year.
Cash flow more than doubled to C$10.0 million.
Shares of the company closed at C$20.10 Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Aftab Ahmed in Bangalore; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan) (email@example.com; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image