UPDATE 1-Greece's StealthGas Q1 profit beats Street
* Q1 adj EPS $0.14 vs est $0.10
* Q1 revenue falls 1 pct, but beats estimates
May 12 (Reuters) - StealthGas Inc (GASS.O), which operates ships that transport liquefied petroleum gas, reported first-quarter profit above market estimates, helped by increased spot market activity.
For the quarter, the Greek company posted a net income of $1.6 million, or 7 cents a share, compared with $200,000, or 1 cent a share, a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned 14 cents a share.
Revenue fell 1 percent to $28.8 million.
Analysts on average expected StealthGas to post a profit of 10 cents per share, on revenue of $27.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Spot market activity during the quarter increased to 851 spot voyage days, compared with 501 spot voyage days last year.
Shares of the company were up 4 cents at $5.21 Wednesday morning on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Vinay Sarawagi in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets