China Mobile interested in bringing Apple iPad to China
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China Mobile (0941.HK), China's dominant mobile carrier, is interested in selling Apple's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet computer in China, the company's chairman said.
The company was also talking to Apple about developing a next-generation iPhone that runs on TD-SCDMA, the home-grown third-generation (3G) mobile standard being used by China Mobile, Chairman Wang Jianzhou said at the company's annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
China Mobile announced on Tuesday that it had set up a unit in Taiwan, paving the way for its long-stalled purchase of a 12 percent stake in Taiwanese mobile carrier Far EasTone (4904.TW).
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow