China Mobile interested in bringing Apple iPad to China
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China Mobile (0941.HK), China's dominant mobile carrier, is interested in selling Apple's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet computer in China, the company's chairman said.
The company was also talking to Apple about developing a next-generation iPhone that runs on TD-SCDMA, the home-grown third-generation (3G) mobile standard being used by China Mobile, Chairman Wang Jianzhou said at the company's annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
China Mobile announced on Tuesday that it had set up a unit in Taiwan, paving the way for its long-stalled purchase of a 12 percent stake in Taiwanese mobile carrier Far EasTone (4904.TW).
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |