Even teddy bears need a holiday...in Finland
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Is your favorite teddy bear or stuffed animal worn down by the daily grind and desperately in need of a vacation?
Finnish firm Teddy Tours Lapland Oy (www.teddytourslapland.com) has come up with one solution: holidays in northern Finland for that special stuffed friend costing from 110 euros to 170 euros ($140-$216).
The "Standard Journey" for teddies includes a trip around the northern town of Rovaniemi and is capped off with a visit to Santa Claus. The stuffed animal will also receive a gift, send a postcard to its owner and be sent home with holiday photos.
The "Luxury Journey" includes, on top of the standard journey package, a trip to a reindeer farm where the bear can feed Santa's reindeer.
"This is followed by a snowmobile safari. On safari, Teddy will try ice fishing on the frozen waterway and savor hot chocolate by the campfire," the firm said on its Web site, adding the whole trip will also be recorded on videotape.
Teddy Tours Lapland will also provide the bear, should you not want to send your own abroad or don't own one yet.
Currently the company only offers trips during the winter, but it is also planning summer programs as well.
"People or living pets may not participate on these trips," the firm said on its Web site.
(Reporting by Brett Young, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media