Larry King and seventh wife reunite, stop divorce
LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) - Television personality Larry King and his seventh wife have reunited and called off their divorce, and the 76-year-old CNN broadcaster has moved back to the family home, his spokesman said on Tuesday.
King and 50-year-old Shawn Southwick, a singer with whom he has two children, both had filed for divorce in Los Angeles last month after 13 years of marriage.
"They have stopped the divorce proceedings," spokesman Howard Rubenstein told Reuters. "He has moved back home."
The couple, who both had cited irreconcilable differences, were back together this week.
"We love our children, we love each other, we love being a family. That is all that matters to us," the couple said in a joint statement.
"We owe it to ourselves and our children to continue being dedicated to each other. We want to thank our friends for their loyal love and support -- for being there for us."
King has been married to seven different women, but this would have been his eighth divorce because he remarried one of his former spouses and later divorced her.
The broadcaster hosts "Larry King Live" on CNN, where he interviews political figures and celebrities.
(Reporting by Belinda Goldsmith; editing by Alex Dobuzinskis and Mohammad Zargham)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats