CANADA STOCKS-TSX positive, helped higher by earnings
TORONTO May 13 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock market index turned positive on Thursday morning as strong earnings from Canadian Tire Corp (CTC.TO) helped it fight back from a weak start.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE was up 0.70 of a point at 12,196.67. (Reporting by Jennifer Kwan; editing by Peter Galloway)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing