UPDATE 1-Quantum Corp Q4 revenue disappoints; shares fall
* Q4 adj EPS $0.04 matches estimates
* Rev $164 mln vs est $170.4 mln
* Shares fall 5 pct
May 13 (Reuters) - Quantum Corp (QTM.N) posted an adjusted quarterly profit that matched market estimates, but revenue fell short, sending the data management software maker's stock down as much as 5 percent.
For the fourth quarter ended March 31, the company posted a net loss of $4.4 million, or 2 cents a share, compared with a loss of $11.9 million, or 5 cents a share a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned 4 cents, which matched analysts' consensus estimate, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Total revenue fell 2 percent to $164 million, versus estimates of $170.4 million.
The company said revenue fell short because it relied more on higher-margin branded business than original equipment manufacturers business.
Shares of the company, which closed at $2.83 Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange, were trading at $2.69 after the bell. (Reporting by Krishna N. Das in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped